The three-year RealValue EC funded Horizon 2020 small scale energy storage and demand side management project is coming an end in May 2018.
Join us for the final event to hear about the project’s main results, findings and learnings, including panel sessions with project partners and sectoral experts.
Registration & Networking from 8am.
Event begins at 9am, ending with networking lunch.
09.00 - 09.15
Introduction and Presentation on RealValue Results
Rowena McCappin, Project Director, Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation
09.15 - 09.30
Presentation: Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme: Preparing Future Technologies and Services for a Decarbonised EU Electricity Network
Rémy Denos — Policy Officer, DG Energy, European Commission
09.30 - 09.45
Keynote Speech: The Role of Modelling in our Future Energy System
Mark J. O’Malley, Chief Scientist, Energy Systems Integration & Senior Research Fellow, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
09.45 - 10.45
Panel Discussion: New Business Models for the Energy Transition – Can the Utilities Adapt?
Moderator: Henning Häder – Manager for Energy Policy Climate & Sustainability, eurelectric
- Marco Demuth – Managing Director, beegy
- Olegs Linkevics – Head of Development for R&D, Latvenergo & Associate Professor, Riga Technical University
- Jonathan Sandham – Smart Networks Manager, ESB Networks
- Jon O’Sullivan – Manager Innovation, EirGrid
- Doris Wittneben – Innovation Manager, MVV Energie
10:45 - 11:15
Coffee Break and Networking
11.15 - 12.15
Panel 2: Domestic Demand Side Management – Do Customers Really Care?
Moderator: Rowena McCappin – Project Director, Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation
- Sarah Darby – Associate Professor & Acting Leader (Energy Programme), Environmental Change Institute, University of Oxford
- David Noronha – Strategy Programme Manager, SSE Airtricity
- Dr. Didier Zwierski – COO, Swisscom Energy Solutions AG
- Rémy Denos – Policy Officer, DG Energy, European Commission
12.15 - 13.15
Panel 3: Beyond RealValue – Energy Transition Trends for the Future
Moderator: Jon Slowe – Director, Delta-ee
- David Boundy – Director IOT Innovation, Intel
- Patrick Clerens – Secretary General, European Association for the Storage of Energy (EASE)
- Karsten Neuhoff – Head of Climate Policy, German Institute for Economic Research & Professor, Economics & Management Faculty, Technical University of Berlin
- Neil Stewart – CEO, Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation